Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

My Testimony


My Testimony
After hearing God’s word faithfully preached and seeing my mother and father’s faith demonstrated each day, the Holy Spirit moved my heart at the age of seven to long to belong to Christ. January 5, 1997, I stood before the church congregation to confess Jesus Christ as my Lord, Savior, and King because I knew that I would remain lost without Him. Romans 10:9-10 says, “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” I was in good hands the day I was baptized; my mom was the decision counselor in charge of all the preparation before being baptized and my head pastor, Dudley was going to baptize me but it is not that I remember the day, it is that I remember accepting Jesus making it the happiest day of my life. I realize this more and more as I grow in Him. In Acts 2:38 Peter replies, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” God loves us more than we could ever imagine and that is why He freely gives us the gift of salvation.
I feel my Father’s overflowing love when I think of His perfect son, whom He gave, nailed to the cross dying as thieves do for me, a sinner. I am saddened to think of my Lord in such pain yet I am exceedingly grateful for His sacrifice to save my imperfect soul. His gift is open to all and I accepted this gift in order to be all God created me to be. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do” (Ephesians 2:8-10). My old self was buried and I resurrected anew, ready for the Lord to mold me into the Christian woman He created me to be. I am a new creation in Christ being transformed through the renewal of my mind, heart, and soul.
Christ works to form me into the person I will be but I sustain the heavenly makeover by reading my Bible, talking to Him, carrying out his missions, and living in a way that everyone can see I belong to Christ. In accepting Christ Jesus as my Lord, Savior, and Master of my life I am promised “the gift of God [that] is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23). Thinking about eternity with the Lord makes my heart race and overflows my soul with exhilaration. I want to live my life so on that glorious day when I see the Lord face to face He will smile and say, “Well done, good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:21).


Have you accepted Christ into your life? Do you want to do that today, right now? Follow the Scriptures above to do so- confess that Jesus is Lord, repent and turn from your sin, and be baptized. Get plugged into a church that can support you in your walk with Christ. God Bless!


All content copyright © 2009 Amber Johnson. All rights reserved.
You MUST GET WRITTEN PERMISSION to reprint or republish any of this material.

3 comments:

Nikki (Sarah) said...

great testimony.

B.Tre said...

AWESOME website Amber!!!!! Keep spreading the word by being the beautiful vessel that you are!!!
Love your PINK website.

GOD BLESS YOU.
†Your sister in Christ,
Bobbie T.

Sue said...

Amen! Amen! Amen! I love your testimony and I love you!!!! Awesome website!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger