Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Bro's Graduation- 09



Family...what a wonderful glorious thing. I was glowing with joy and my heart was overflowing with happiness on my brother's big day- his graduation. The family was up and going around six to get packed into the car at about seven. We arrive at Chaminade High, my old high school, and my brother's to be alumni school with noise makers and cameras at the ready. My bro goes and does his thing. The speakers give their talks, the musicians play, and the hats are thrown. Pictures are hastily and hurriedly snapped, confetti flies through the screaming crowd of parents, siblings, and grandparents. With the class of 2009, dark blue hats with blaring orange tassels flew into the cloud covered sky cutting through brilliant rays of sunshine. My brother had graduated and now it was time to celebrate. The flood of paparazzi parents, the humongous hugs, and the continuous congratulations started off the festivities. Followed by a celebratory cuisine at my brother's pick Maria's. Family joined around the table and love, laughter, and life flourished. My excessive happiness caused me to smile, not only an ear to ear pearly white smile (my dad's a dentist :) ) but even smiles in my hazel eyes. Nothing could be better than this. Nothing could be better than having a wonderful family who loves you and who cares for you. Nothing could be better than the blessing of family. On my brother's graduation I was reminded that I need to be constantly thankful for every moment and in giving thanks and praise to the Lord ahead of time the moments to come can be made beautiful and miraculous because of our joy and peace in Him. I was reminded how blessed I am to have the spectacular family I have. I was also reminded what it means to be a big sister. That no matter what my little brother might do (even if it is too loud and too messy) he is my little brother and I am supposed to love him, guide him, and help him. The Lord allowed me to make this day about my brother and his achievement. He allowed me to make today, his day, and just be there to support him and be proud of him. The Lord opened my eyes to the brilliance of my family. He filled my heart with overflowing joy and surged love through my veins. I thank the Lord for my family! I thank the Lord for a spectacular graduation day. What could have been a long boring horribly slow torturous name by name page by page hope it is almost done service ended up being one of the best days of my life because the Lord was in control. My family and I left the plans to the Lord, prayed about every situation and circumstance revolving around the graduation, as well as, thanked and praised Him for His blessings and glories which put the graduation in a pretty good place. It was all God! Thank you Lord again for all your blessings and for my amazing family.

All content copyright © 2009 Amber Johnson. All rights reserved.
You MUST GET WRITTEN PERMISSION to reprint or republish any of this material.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger