Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Plans



Today, was one of those God lead me tell me the plan for my life please kind of days. Have you realized that trying to sort out and piece together your life is just an unbearably daunting task? Today as I was struggling to make the next major decision and turn my life was going to make God reminded me of Abraham and Joseph. God was with them, God blessed them because they lived for Him, and He guided their every move. Sometimes they did not know where they were supposed to go or where they would end up but they trusted God to lead them where He wanted them to be and they always ended up in the right place and furthering God's plan. The Lord always has a plan that is so much better than I could ever fathom with my finite mind and I am thankful that He gets the job of putting together the pieces of my life and sorting out the path that I have to walk on and even pulling me by the hand down the path He has set before me. God is my leader, my guidance, my foundation, my strength, my wisdom, and my everything. Reminding myself that God is in control and knows the plans for my life calms me because in the end I know everything will be okay and that I will end up at the place He has for me.

The Lord guides:
[Genesis 22: 3b-4 When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. 4On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance.]


The Lord blesses:
[Genesis 39: 2-6 2 The LORD was with Joseph and he prospered, and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master. 3 When his master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD gave him success in everything he did, 4 Joseph found favor in his eyes and became his attendant. Potiphar put him in charge of his household, and he entrusted to his care everything he owned. 5 From the time he put him in charge of his household and of all that he owned, the LORD blessed the household of the Egyptian because of Joseph. The blessing of the LORD was on everything Potiphar had, both in the house and in the field. 6 So he left in Joseph's care everything he had; with Joseph in charge, he did not concern himself with anything except the food he ate. ]


The Lord always has a plan: 
[Genesis 45: 4-9 4 Then Joseph said to his brothers, "Come close to me." When they had done so, he said, "I am your brother Joseph, the one you sold into Egypt! 5 And now, do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you. 6 For two years now there has been famine in the land, and for the next five years there will not be plowing and reaping. 7 But God sent me ahead of you to preserve for you a remnant on earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance. 
 8 "So then, it was not you who sent me here, but God. He made me father to Pharaoh, lord of his entire household and ruler of all Egypt. 9 Now hurry back to my father and say to him, 'This is what your son Joseph says: God has made me lord of all Egypt. Come down to me; don't delay. ]





Surrender your life and your circumstances to Christ. Trust Him to guide you. Trust Him to lead you to the place where He wants you to be. 


All content copyright © 2009 Amber Johnson. All rights reserved. You MUST GET WRITTEN PERMISSION to reprint or republish any of this material.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger