Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Search Me






“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”- Psalm 139:23-24

God knows the depths of your heart. He sees beyond the facade you may put on for others and the mask you may even put on for yourself. He knows your passing thoughts and the thoughts you dwell on under the sun and even under the stars. The greatest thing about Him is that He does not stop at knowing us but He leads us, guides us, and helps us with the things we struggle with, the path that we are on, and in making ourselves embody His holy characteristics. He is not a God of distance but a God of relationship. He knows what causes me to worry and fear and calms them. He knows where I have gone wrong and what sin I have committed and He works to guide me and make me righteous. Without Christ I would just be a flesh body full of offensive ways, sin, and anxious thoughts. I read this Scripture and I beg Christ to make me a better person in Him. I beg Him to make my heart something that would not make Him cringe when He searched it. I beg Him to make my thoughts pleasing to Him and glorifying to His holy righteous name. I beg Him to rid me of myself and replace me with all of Him because that is the ONLY good part of me. Jesus is the best part of me  and I pray to have more of Him in my heart, in my thoughts, in my actions, and in my words every day. Thank you Lord for knowing me and my heart and loving me anyways!!! I love you Lord!!!

Remember that Jesus, despite your sin, has His arms wide open waiting for you. So if you haven't accepted Him today let Jesus into your life and begin living for Him.





All content copyright © 2009 Amber Johnson. All rights reserved. You MUST GET WRITTEN PERMISSION to reprint or republish any of this material.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger